The consortium consists of interesting partners working to create a self-sustaining European Community of Practice for Hubs for Circularity. Take a few minutes to look at these brief partner introductions.
ISQ is a private and independent company providing inspection, testing, training and technical consultancy. Founded in 1965, ISQ provides solutions for clients in all sectors, to ensure that their assets and products comply with environmental, quality, health and safety standards and regulations.
Strane Innovation is a start-up incubator focusing on sustainable development (energy, transport, water, environment, ICT and smart systems). Strane is involved in 4 start-ups on various topics such as industry optimisation and industrial symbiosis, flood modelling, circular economy of water, implementation of nudges. Strane has also developed a strong research department and is currently involved in 20 European projects on Industrial Symbiosis & Circular Economy, water related expertise.
ACR+ is an international network of cities and regions sharing the aim of promoting a sustainable resource management and accelerating the transition towards a circular economy on their territories and beyond. Circular economy calling for cooperation between all actors, ACR+ is open to other key players in the field of material resource management such as NGOs, academic institutions, consultancy or private organisations.
- to contribute on a European and international level to waste prevention and to the ecologically and economically rational waste management and thus to enhance sustainable development;
- to contribute to close the cycle of primary and secondary raw materials (resources, products, waste) notably through the promotion of resource savings and a more equitable distribution;
- to advocate for the transition from a chain economy to a circular economy as the way towards resource efficiency;
- to create and maintain a network for exchanging information on prevention, selective collection and recycling of waste in urban environments;
- to encourage the harmonization of concepts, definitions and standards in the domain of waste, products and resources;
- to promote the creation of multi-stakeholder partnerships;
- to develop the expertise and skills of public authorities in effective waste-product-resource policies;
- to encourage practical action in waste management and sustainable consumption.
EIT Climate-KIC is the EU’s climate innovation initiative, working to accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon and resilient world by enabling systems transformation. Headquartered in Amsterdam, it operates from 13 hubs across Europe and is active in 39 countries. EIT Climate-KIC was established in 2010 and is predominately funded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union. As a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC), it brings together more than 400 partners from business, academia, the public and non-profit sectors to create networks of expertise, through which innovative products, services and systems are developed, brought to market and scaled-up for impact.
ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network of more than 2500 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development. Active in 125+ countries, we influence sustainability policy and drive local action for low emission, nature-based, equitable, resilient and circular development. Our Members and team of experts work together through peer exchange, partnerships and capacity building to create systemic change for urban sustainability.
Technopolis Group provides evidence-based policy advice and insights with offices in Europe, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our experts support decision makers who want to tackle environmental or societal issues or look to achieve fair and sustainable growth through science, technology, innovation, health and education.
International Synergies Limited (ISL)
International Synergies Limited (ISL) was established in 2005 and is widely acknowledged for its expertise in devising and managing industrial symbiosis programmes across six continents working with public and private sector clients, institutions and the research community.