Join our kick-off event on 24 February 2023 to hear more about the Hubs4Circularity Community of Practice, our objectives and opportunities, and how you can contribute to shaping our knowledge platform.
The systemic shift required for industries towards full circularity calls for greater cross-sectoral collaboration and interaction with cities and regions. This mission is at the heart of the Hubs4Circularity Community of Practice, established under Horizon Europe to accelerate the regional industry-society collaboration necessary to develop innovative solutions within local contexts and ensure widespread societal involvement.
The event will mark the launch of our digital knowledge platform, which we will present to you in exclusive preview before it goes live, shortly after the event. The platform will be the backbone for the community’s activities with the active contribution of its members, and will feature a collection of practical tools, methods and contacts, thereby enabling easy exchanges and networking opportunities.
On 24 February, you will also hear, among others, from Peter Dröll, Director of Prosperity at the European Commission’s DG RTD, and Angels Orduña, Executive Director of A.SPIRE, on how the Community of Practice will facilitate the establishment of new Hubs4Circularity and contribute to Europe’s green transition.
And we want to hear from you, the Community of Practice, on how we can best support your industrial symbiosis and circular economy activities. What knowledge, best practice cases for technological and non-technological matters, training and network opportunities would you like to see on the knowledge platform? Through interactive sessions and breakouts, you will have the opportunity to discuss your needs community members from all over Europe.
10:00 – 10:10 | Welcome
- Maria Loloni, Maritime and Industrial Symbiosis Programme Lead, EIT Climate-KIC (event moderator)
10:10 – 10:25 | Keynote address: “Hubs4Circularity: a European flagship initiative and expectations for the Community of Practice”
- Dr. Peter Dröll, Director for Prosperity, Directorate-General Research and Innovation, European Commission
10:25 – 10:32 | Company view on systemic solutions to become fully circular and climate neutral
- Prof. Dr. Michael Schmidt, Head of Global Innovation Management, Covestro AG
10:33 – 10:40 | Symbiosis4Growth: lessons learned from industrial symbiosis in the Netherlands
- Wouter de Buck, Senior Adviser & Business Developer, LeAF BV
10:40 – 10:55 | The role of Hubs4Circularity in the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda of the Processes4Planet Partnership
- Àngels Orduña, Executive Director, A.SPIRE
10:55 – 11:25 | Introducing the Hubs4Circularity Community of Practice
- Dr. Rachel Lombardi, Chief Executive, International Synergies
- Ron Weerdmeester, European Innovation Manager, PNO
11:25 – 11:30 | Virtual coffee break
11:30 – 12:15 | Breakout sessions
- Enabling regional circular economy (Moderator: Francesco Lembo, ACR+)
- Implementing industrial symbiosis (Moderator: Dr. Rachel Lombardi, International Synergies)
- Facilitating Hubs4Circularity (Moderator: Ron Weerdmeester, PNO)
12:15 – 12:30 | Summary and conclusions
- Maria Loloni, Maritime and Industrial Symbiosis Programme Lead, EIT Climate-KIC
Questions about the event? Please contact the Hubs4Circularity Community of Practice team: email@example.com